Why does a person with hearing loss need auditory brain training?
- Auditory Brain Training can complement existing hearing aid technology by allowing users to practice recognizing speech through educational, engaging games.
- clEAR auditory brain training may also be a first step for someone with hearing loss but who is not yet ready for a hearing aid or other forms of hearing aid technology.
- Untreated hearing loss is associated with dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease, and cognitive decline.
- Untreated hearing loss is associated with depression, social isolation, and early retirement.
How do I become an FCP?
- You can click the “Sign Up/Login” button at the top right of the screen and select the “Create an Account” button. You can then select the “FCP” button and follow the onscreen instructions to create an FCP account. Once your account is created, you can record the training stimuli and invite clEAR users to implement your recordings in their training.
How do I record auditory stimuli for the auditory brain training games?
- Simply log in to your account and select the “Record Your Voice” button at the top of your user dashboard. Our easy-to-use recording module will then walk you through the process step-by-step. Just ensure that you have a computer with a microphone and recording capability. The recording module is extremely flexible, so the recording process can be tailored to fit your unique schedule.
- If you choose to record the stimuli at your local clEAR Hearing Healthcare Provider’s office, you’ll likely complete all of the recordings in one or two hour-long visits.
Who will train with my voice?
- Only those you’ve invited to access your recordings will be able to train with your voice. We do not use your voice recordings for any other purpose or share them with outside parties.
What does clEAR offer me?
- There is a tab on you FCP user dashboard called “Activities and Tips.” Click this tab and you will find activities for understanding how hearing loss affects someone’s ability to listen and tips for enhancing your conversations with people who have hearing loss.
- By recording the training stimuli, you will practice speaking clearly and distinctly, and this practice will help you learn how to speak in a way that people with hearing loss can best understand you.
How much does it cost to become an FCP?
- Becoming an FCP is completely free. All you have to do is log in and record your voice, free of charge.